March 31, 2009

Body Politic/ World Health

One of my most recent concerns, regarding total health for ones self, is the international health of every human. I am, however, a firm believer in disease being extremely important for humanity as a whole. The concept is a bit harsh but we need to thin the herd- and we are too emotional to do it ourselves. No, I could not do it my self...
That being said- we have a serious problem with our health perceptions and actions relating to global health. So frequently we fail to notice how extraordinarily divergent many of resource allocations for health care are. Not just the suppression of people of color, but of sexual definitions. At this point I wish relate as a male speaking about woman's body politic issues- at least as I am aware of and perceive them to be... Forgive me in advance.
The deep inconsistencies in health care between the sex's is extreme in many sections of the globe. The simple reality that we will invade nations for the purpose of greater freedoms(claimed at least). To simply free persons from perversion, sexual abuse, genital, mutilation/ circumcision, total seclusion from mental/emotion counseling, and a almost totally accepted reality that they are the whole problem.... Simply due to the fact that they are not men. Not so much that they are women, but that are NOT MEN. So strange to disavow based entirely on a simple difference. For one person it is insane, for an entire society? That is a disease. I have strong feelings that it is an unrecognized Pandemic. Could that really be possible? Is this as prevalent as T.B. or H.I.V.? Are so many men and women so entrenched in established beliefs that they are not able to recognize it as an illness?
More importantly are US citizens, as myself, so completely divorced from an attentive reality that we have failed to realize this? The many reasons why we would ignore it will not be discussed because they are known. Yet I fully do not think that my fellow citizenry recognize this type of severe and prevalent body politic as the disease it is. US pharma companies spend and make billions on mental illnesses, yet with all our enlightened perceptions an entire society is unable to see this. So conclusions and question is- Are US citizens and residents also suffering from this illness?
My only conclusion- without question we are suffering from this disease.
--Please comment on this topic or feel free to communicate directly with me at; longhardt at gmail dot com
This one is poorly wrote, I geuss. My main point; we have invaded in the name of freedom a number of times. Yet even today we have failed to address female genital mutilation or the major divide in the way medical resources are distributed. Females frequently go untreated for illness/disease based on the thought that it would be a waste. Not because a woman is female, but entirely because only men deserve care. This is simply maddness! Although these thought patterns are primarily related Muslim dominated cultures- such is not exclusive to Islam, or such nations. Nor a result of Islam. Shinto in japan practiced genital mutilation up until the 70's. Some sources say it go's on to this day there. Many portions of Asia proper and Africa continue unabashedly to to this hour. Except for a handful of small organizations, no one is fighting this! Secondly- medicine is still male dominated in the westernized world to this day. Women are still living in a world where it is socially exspected of them to put themselves last. Many partners/mothers hide or ignore their illnesses because there is unspoke social mores that they do not deserve the resources. Again -- Maddness!
As I said- for one person this would be insane; i.e. mental illness. But for major portions of the world to be accepting, and there embracing, this- it can only represent a Pandemic of mental illness. My point of view may seem extreme, and of course there are male and female exceptions, but there is six billion of us... I have no partner or children, but this issue still gets me... Strong emotions. Try looking up womens body politic, and read a book called Infidel; Ayan Hirsslii Ali. Not sure about the spelling of her middle name?
I hope this has clarified my thoughts on this matter for you. Please let me know what you think.. And thank you for the feedback :)

Benjamin

On Apr 14, 2009, at 4:55 PM, Danielle Cunningham <dmc914@gmail.com> wrote:

I love that you updated your blog. I read everything and really enjoyed it all. But I need you to do explain. So I don't know weather to agree or disagree. Please explain this to me in another way. Sorry!! :)


The deep inconsistencies in health care between the sex's is extreme in many sections of the globe. The simple reality that we will invade nations for the purpose of greater freedoms(claimed at least). To simply free persons from perversion, sexual abuse, genital, mutilation/ circumcision, total seclusion from mental/emotion counseling, and a almost totally accepted reality that they are the whole problem.... Simply due to the fact that they are not men. Not so much that they are women, but that are NOT MEN. So strange to disavow based entirely on a simple difference. For one person it is insane, for an entire society? That is a disease. I have strong feelings that it is an unrecognized Pandemic. Could that really be possible? Is this as prevalent as T.B. or H.I.V.? Are so many men and women so entrenched in established beliefs that they are not able to recognize it as an illness?




--
Danielle Marie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chefological Thinking Blog Headline Animator