May 4, 2009

Ground Work

As I continue to make my way in Parkour, and general fitness as a whole- one thing continues to be a priority for me. Ground work; running is the general idea here. But so much more is contained within this definition for me. Quadrupedal movement in parkour is essential and a difficult work out. Most anyone looks at it and thinks "that's nothing, I can do that easy!" This occurs because it should be easy. Yet it is not... The strain and C/R challenge is surprising and more. The idea that it is easy, comes from the fact that moving on all fours is primal- you did it a lot as a child. So why can't you do it anymore? Simply because you no longer do it. Kinda sad huh?
I do not run as often a I could. I have my own forms of laziness, just like anyone else. I have the best legs in my circles, but bicycling would be tough for me over long distances. Simply cause I rarely do it.
Try these simple ones, and get on with moving. Maintaining simple Ground Work will pay dividends through the course of your life and relationships.
http://www.americanparkour.com/content/view/3428/386/
http://www.americanparkour.com/content/view/3415/386/


Thanks and Keep Jumping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chefological Thinking Blog Headline Animator